We make it our business
Durnez Advocaten has broad knowledge and practical experience concerning the follow-up and handling of the various aspects of liability law.
- Contractual and extra-contractual liability, damage and insurance
- Government liability
- Medical liability
- Liability for latent defects and non-conforming delivery
- Liability for animals and property
- Liability for children (parents, supervisory authorities, schools, etc.)
- Liability of hirers (employer, temporary work agency, etc.)
- Professional liability (contractor, architect, physician, accountant, notary public, garage owner, etc.)
- Disciplinary rules
We handle these matters both from the position of the injured party and that of the allegedly liable person.
We have built up a host of experience on claims from various sectors with challenges of expert reports (construction, industry, medical, ICT, etc. )
Published case law
- District Court of Hasselt dated 12/10/2002, Revue Générale de Droit Civil 2003, 638 with note by K. Vanderschot – The sanctioning of unlawful damages clauses.
- District Court of Leuven dated 24/02/06, NJW no. 162, 418 (understatement of price – simulation)
- Antwerp dated 23/04/08, Rechtskundig Weekblad 10-11, 586 (commercial lease – eviction compensation)
- Antwerp dated 15/12/2009, Justel N-20091215- (disguised gift)
- Commercial Court of Leuven dated 04/03/11, Rechtskundig Weekblad 11-12, 963 (repurchase in case of non-fulfilment of the contractual clauses)
- District Court of Brussels dated 16/01/12, Rechtskundig Weekblad 14-15, 589 (broker´s fee – real estate agent – breaking off of negotiations on a purchase agreement for real property)
- District Court of Leuven dated 08/05/13, Rechtskundig Weekblad 14-15, 71 (social lease – duty of actual occupation)
- President of the Commercial Court of Leuven dated 01/03/2007, published in Computerrecht (magazine for IT, telecommunications and law), 2008, p. 101 et seq
- Constitutional Court dated 27/01/11, A.GrwH 2011, issue 1, 331 (copyrights)
- Antwerp dated 04/06/2015, NJW dated 28/12/2016 (no. 353) p. 918 (parasitic competition – defamation – domain name)